Following on from the announcement from the Government instigating a further nationwide lockdown as of the 5th November, the RSPCA Mid Norfolk & North Suffolk Branch will now be running a limited service for the following four weeks.
All of our sites will be closed, but we will continue to carry out online adoptions for the animals in our care, by following social distancing guidelines and wearing appropriate PPE when your new companion is delivered to you. We will also continue offering our subsidised neutering and veterinary assistance programme throughout this time. If you need advice or information, you can contact us in the usual manner, either by phone (0303 040 1565) or email during our usual hours,which are Monday to Friday, 10am - 4pm. Unfortunately, as a charity with limited resources, during this time we will be unable to accept any animals into our care unless through the RSPCA Inspectorate or as a veterinary emergency.
Sadly, due to government guidelines our seven shops will be closed as of Thursday 5th November. This is the busiest time of year for our Retail Team, so these closures will have a significantly detrimental impact on our income for the year. However, we understand that it is a necessary action and one that, we hope, will help keep our staff, supporters and volunteers safe. We thank those of you who have supported our shops by buying from and donating to them in the recent months and we hope we can welcome you again soon.
We are an independent, local Branch of the RSPCA and unfortunately, the necessary restrictions around COVID-19 have made it even harder for us to support the animals in our care. The closure of our shops and cancellation of all of our 2020 fundraising events have meant that the majority of our income streams have ceased and we’ve had to look at new ways of fundraising so we can continue our vital work. We have always relied on the generosity of the public to enable us to do the work that we do and now, more than ever, we need your help and we can’t do what we do without your support. Luckily there are many ways you can support our work:
- If you are doing more online shopping than usual, you can sign up to EasyFundraising or Amazon Smile and help us raise money for animals without any additional cost to yourself.
- Making a donation to the Branch online.
- Purchase your Christmas Cards and gifts from our eBay shop.
- Making a bequest to the Branch in your will.
- We also welcome any donations you may have for our shops or the animals in our care, you can leave these outside our Longwater offices.
- You can purchase an item for our animals from our Amazon Wishlist.
- You can take part in our lottery via Make A Smile.
For more information on ways you can help, check out our Individual Fundraising page.