We are delighted to announce that our seven charity shops will reopen on 12th April.
Our Branch office continues to be closed to the public, but we will continue to carry out online adoptions for cats and small pets in our care, by following social distancing guidelines and wearing appropriate PPE when your new companion is delivered to you. Unfortunately due to current restrictions we will be unable to carry out adoptions for dogs in our care at this time. We will also continue offering our subsidised neutering and veterinary assistance programme throughout this time. If you need advice or information, you can contact us in the usual manner, either by phone (0303 040 1565) or email during our usual hours,which are Monday to Friday, 10am - 4pm. Unfortunately, as a charity with limited resources, during this time we will be unable to accept any animals into our care unless through the RSPCA Inspectorate or as a veterinary emergency.
We are an independent, local Branch of the RSPCA and unfortunately, the necessary restrictions around COVID-19 have made it even harder for us to support the animals in our care. The closure of our shops and cancellation of all of our fundraising events have meant that the majority of our income streams for the past year have ceased and we’ve had to look at new ways of fundraising so we can continue our vital work. We have always relied on the generosity of the public to enable us to do the work that we do and now, more than ever, we need your help and we can’t do what we do without your support. Luckily there are many ways you can support our work:
- If you are doing more online shopping than usual, you can sign up to EasyFundraising or Amazon Smile and help us raise money for animals without any additional cost to yourself.
- Making a donation to the Branch online.
- Buy something from our eBay shop.
- Making a bequest to the Branch in your will.
- We also welcome any donations you may have for our shops or the animals in our care, please call us on 0303 040 1565 to arrange a safe time for you to drop these items off to us.
- You can purchase an item for our animals from our Amazon Wishlist.
- You can take part in our lottery via Make A Smile.
For more information on ways you can help, check out our Individual Fundraising page.